Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cultural District






Yesterday the weather wasn't very good, so I had to get a little more creative to keep the kids occupied. We walked the other direction on the waterfront into the Cultural District and Wetlands Preserve. I had gone on a run through there, and hoped the paths and waterfalls would keep the kids distracted from the fact that it was too cold to play at the beach.






Jaylee hanging out over a waterfall. The kids all did their best to fall in the water in some way, and to get around the various fences to explore closer. Thankfully, this was not overly successful, but it did keep me on my toes!


There were lots of beautiful grassy hills and flower beds. The kids promptly rolled down the first hill we came to. Jaylee was rolling too, just a little behind. Then she would get up, "wait guys! wait!" Run to catch up, and start rolling again.
At the dolphin fountain, their favourite of the art that was around. (my favourite too) I'm spelling like a Canadian now, eh? Jaylee desperately wanted to reach the runoff from the fountain.
Kelowna is such a beautiful city. It was fun to get to explore something besides the beach and playground. Of course, tugging the wagon is getting tiring, so we aren't going too far from our hotel. I am thankful for a hotel that is in such a great location. It has made things much easier for me when Dave has the car.

No comments: